Tuesday, November 26, 2013

10,000 and counting.


When I started blogging I never imagined I would enjoy it so much. Nor did I ever dream that I would have people all over the world reading my blog. Below is a screen shot of my blogger stats page. On the audience stats portion are listed the top 10 countries from which originate the most page views. There are at least another 15 countries not shown.  
 
Over 10,000 page views. WOW! I have absolutely no way of knowing who visits my blog, unless they leave a comment, but I am truly grateful to all of you who read my blog and have joined in our life here in Honduras. Thanks to all of you who put up with my sometimes crazy observations, my naked honesty, my humor, my questioning of the status quo. I hope that as you have read my post that you have enjoyed some of the experiences of travel, found humor in my stories and perhaps stopped to consider if there is any validity to some of my observations on life as we attempt to "do life different".
 
 
From time to time to time, I go back and reread some of my old post. I have several personal favorites, but according to the stats, Robbed was the number one most visited post followed closely by We Arrive...Finally: Days 12 and 13 and Live like a King on $1200 a Month.


I have four personal favorites, posts that mean the most to me. Probably because these post where written from my heart, my emotions. I'm not sure I can put them in first to fourth place order, so they are listed randomly as follows.

Go and See Ministries; how we got our name. In this post I write about how passionate I am to have people "go and see", to really experience a missions trip which is life changing, not just a vacation or a sightseeing trip.

So...it's been a really hard week, I mean month. In this post I was brutally honest about some of the issues we were facing as we adjusted to life here and how it was affecting our marriage relationship.

So, are you like missionaries or something?  Because I hate labels and because we are not here officially as "missionaries" I really struggled, and still do, with what to call ourselves and how to explain why we are here. I think I come to a pretty fair conclusion in the end.

Fear: What's to worry about? In this post I work through some of the fears I have of traveling through Mexico and the unknown. I question whether or not our fears, which we often let control our lives, are really valid. Or is it just a lack of proper perspective?

Blogging is really a type of journaling, at least it has become that for me. I enjoy rereading some of the blogs from our trip through Mexico and Guatemala. It helps me relive this epic journey and brings all the emotions and experiences back, almost as though it were yesterday. These two days, for some reason, stand out in my memories. Acayucan: day 6 or Panajachel and Lago Atitlan: day 9 and 10.

Usually I plan a post, but sometimes a post just forms in my mind, maybe from something I saw or experienced, if only briefly. Like this one. A Selfless Act of Kindness.

Some of my post I try for humor as in The Body on the Living room Floor.

Sometimes I want to challenge myself and my readers to honesty as in the Sacred Supporter.

But usually I just write because I enjoy writing.

I assume that I will continue blogging. Sometimes life gets so busy I don't have time, and it does take time. I usually spend one to two hours on each post, often around two in the morning. I must really love it!

Thanks again for reading!

PS.. Hey, don't forget that you are always welcome to add your thoughts by using the comment button at the bottom of each post. I love hearing from you!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment