Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Drilling for Water


Ben running the drill rig.
For the past week and a half my drilling crew and I have been in Oriente. Ben, Thomas, Trey Russell and Alexis have worked hard keeping the Bentonite flowing, changing drill rod and bits and running the rig. I haven't had much time to do anything else, like blog, because the men of Oriente are posting a 24 hour watch on the equipment while it is there and I really would like to get done asap so they can go back home. We did take Sunday off and will take tomorrow off as well as I need to go to San Pedro Sula to pick up some parts and Mark who is returning from the States, but I am in hopes that by Thursday we will have drilled as deep as we can and can pack up the rig. Trusting that it will be deep enough and that the well will produce water. Of course we won't know until after we develop the well.

I've got some great pictures and will blog about all of this soon.


I just love this little guy. His name is Alfredo and he's like Oriente's village burro. He just wanders around and visits here and there. I had to close the pick up door because I thought he was going to hop in.

No comments:

Post a Comment