Sunday, September 9, 2012

Our First STM Team Training Session

This afternoon my son Mark and I will be in Jacksonville, FL at New Generation Fellowship. We will be facilitating Go and See Ministries' first team training session for our first short-term missions team, Honduras 2013.

Fourteen people ranging from 13 to 80 years old have committed to raising enough money to not only drill a well, but also come to Honduras and help with it. Thank you so much NGF. We are looking forward to working alongside you as you prepare to come to Honduras and when you arrive!

Today's training will focus on team development and commitment to each other, cross cultural studies, a Spanish lesson and a look at the spiritual side of why we do short-term missions. And of course there will be food!!! It's going to be a great day.

Acknowledgement:  Although I am not using Delta Ministries' curriculum or program in our own training, I want to thank Mark Wogaman and Delta for their invaluable assistance in the past. Their vision for strategic, purposeful pre-trip training and a commitment to follow up after the team's return opened my own eyes to this critical need and has fueled my passion for preparing short-term missions teams to serve. Thank you Mark for your friendship and encouragement over the years.

I also want to wish my wife Barbe Happy Birthday today!

No comments:

Post a Comment