Sunday, December 2, 2012

Decisions, Decisions

This past Monday I moved the crews to Greenwich, CT. Two different crews had bailed out leaving the town unfinished and I was asked to go in and mop up. Today we have off, but on Monday my brother Jon and I will return with just the two trucks, make a final sweep of the town and be finished. The big question on all of our minds is, "should we head home or go to New Jersey?"

Most of us are leaning towards going home. All of us have differing reasons, some are the same. We miss our families, we miss our dogs, we're tired, we have jobs to go back to, winter is coming and for me...our move to Honduras has already been delayed for a month now. On the other hand, there is still an incredible amount of work to be done here. There are huge amounts of money to be made. I'm torn between staying and going. If I stay, our move to Honduras would be completely financed and more. But if I stay, we may never go. That's the truth of the matter. Once I commit to a contract I'm obligated to remain until it's complete. That could be into next spring and then who knows what storms we'll get after that. Or something else will come up that requires my attention. I understand all this. I''ve seen it before.

From a Christian/Biblical perspective there are so many verses, principles and teachings that warn against being so caught up in the pursuit of material things that one loses sight of the Kingdom. On the flip side, there seems to be so much "wisdom" in storing up against the lean times. Being good stewards.

My heart says, "you've got enough...head home before it's too late." My intellect says, "better keep your nose to the grindstone, make hay while the sun shines, what about the economy...Honduras will still be there."

Decisions, decisions. Head or heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment