Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Alfredo the Donkey

Alfredo

This Alfredo thing has taken on a life of it's own. When I started our fundraiser to buy a burro for a buck I was kind of joking, but as the pledges for one dollar or 20 lempiras came rolling in I realized that this little guy had caught peoples attention and their imagination.

So now Alfredo has his own Alfredo the Donkey Fan Page on Facebook. I'm headed to Barrio Oriente to buy him tomorrow. He is costing us a little more than I had at first thought, but he is still a deal at $60 USD. If any of you would like to own him with us and become a "Fan of Alfredo" you can do so by sending one dollar to Michael Wolfe, PO Box 101, East Wilton, ME 04234 and then ask to join his fan page group on fb for updates. For all of you who have pledged towards his purchase, please be sure and send your dollar or find me here in Siguatepeque and hand deliver your 20 lempira. Those of you who are pledging dollars can also hand deliver those to me if you'd like to. We'd love to have you come down and meet Alfredo in person.


 
Alfredo is a young burro and runs all over Oriente. He is very friendly and VERY curious. He will make a great mascot for us here.

No comments:

Post a Comment