Monday, February 3, 2014

Honduras...I've missed you

I can't wait to get home, and that's the truth. I miss my family. I miss my friends. I miss Alfredo and I missed watching the Seahawks win with my Seattle born wife. I miss my life!

It has been over a year since I have set foot on American soil and I kind of wondered if I would have reverse culture shock. Well...I did. Here's a list of some of the things I noticed I had to adjust to.
  • At first I had to resist the urge every time I heard someone behind me speaking English to turn around to see if I knew them.
  • I found myself speaking English very slowly to make sure the waitress understood.
  • Walking the aisles in Walmart is an amazing experience. The amount and variety of products we have to choose from is almost overwhelming. 
  • It was all I could do to flush the toilet paper down the toilet.
  • Driving here is boring. In 600 miles I did not meet one car passing on a blind curve...wish they could say the same. (Just kidding)
  • Driving here is dangerous. Pedestrians have the right of way, you can't pass stopped school buses and when someone turns on their left turn signal it actually means they are turning left instead of letting you know it's okay to pass.
  • AND I got diarrhea! What's up with that?
Here are some of the things I enjoyed.
  • Seeing family and friends.
  • Eating a big greasy bacon hamburger...or two.
  • Eating 2 pounds of bacon.
  • Finding size fourteen shoes for my son.
So four days later after a business meting in Tampa, visiting my sisters in Lakeland, driving to Jacksonville to visit our home church and doing a team training with our next short-term missions team coming in June, I am sitting in Tampa Int'l airport waiting on my flight to Houston and anxious to get back home.

I miss you Honduras!

No comments:

Post a Comment