Sunday, October 21, 2012

Time is Flying By

It's strange how events six months or a year away seem slightly unreal. We know they are going to happen, but the reality just isn't there. That is not the case any longer for this event! We are approaching very quickly the less than 30 day mark and all of a sudden IT is becoming very real. A bit of last minute, second guessing on my part, a BIG list of last minute things to do for all of us.

Second guessing:
  • Are we really making the right decision moving to Honduras?
  • Should I really be shutting down a thriving business in this economy?
  • Should I really take a year or two off from work at my age?
  • Should we drive through Mexico?

Partial list of things to do:
  • Rent house (something I have little or no control over)
  • Clean out shop to make room for stored items.
  • Pack items to store.
  • Pack items to take.
  • Decide which items to take.
  • Prepare and obtain remaining paperwork for export.
  • Prepare for year end tax and bookkeeping, as much as possible, prior to departure.
  • .......

On a positive note, things already completed:
  • Sale of back 38 acres....done!
  • Cabin....finished!
  • Most all the vehicles.....sold!
  • Wally Mo car carrier.....signed purchase and sales agreement!
  • Collection of debt from last year's unpaid contracts.....in the works!
  • Apostilled documents....in hand!

Today, Mark and I are in Colorado Springs. Kind of funny, but this past Friday, the 19th, was my birthday and 49 years ago my life began right here in Colorado Springs. My parents left CS when I was six months old and I did not return again until I moved back here right after high school for a couple of years. For the past five years I have spent many, many weekends here with one or the other of my three boys on our truck travels. Over the past few years we have attended church and made friends here. I'm going to miss Springs Calvary, recently renamed Celebration. I didn't realize it at the time, but we started going there only a few months after it was started. I guess that makes us honorary plank members. We're going to miss seeing our friends the Crowes. I'm really going to miss those Sunday dinners with them! I'm kind of hoping we can squeeze one more in today : >) Jonathan and Joyce...I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed our friendship and your hospitality over the years.

Anyway, as you can maybe tell, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. This is no doubt my last truck trip for awhile, maybe forever. Life is changing very rapidly. I think Barbe is feeling the same way, maybe even more so. It's exciting, frightening, challenging and somewhat overwhelming all at the same time. With out a doubt, this is a major fork in the road for us and for our sons. Almost every day now I see a road sign pointing us in the direction we are headed, (see my July 18th post) assuring me we are still on the right road. Most often these road signs come from people I meet in my travels. Increasingly, this is becoming an almost daily occurrence. A constant offer to help in anyway. Some have contacts, others have expertise or knowledge, all are excited about what we're doing. Other (signs) are in the way pieces of the puzzle are "just" falling into place at "just" the right time. (One of these days I'm going to do a post on jig saw puzzles and the allegorical application to real life problem solving, planning and implementing of one's future.) Yep! I'm a big believer in jig saw puzzles.

I'm also a big believer in being able to see the hand of God at work in our lives as we follow Him. Some people may call it coincidence or happenstance. I choose to call it supernatural. I don't know what the future holds for us, but I know the one who does and in whose hands we are held.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment